It was originally built on technologies developed for myVBO but grew to something much more. Some of its (and now Ziftr Alerts) features are:
- An advanced pricing engine that quickly finds the best prices from all over the Internet.
- Toolbars for Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and Internet Explorer.
- A mobile website.
- Wishlists that users can create and share.
My own contributions to the project include:
- Collaborated on the user experience and architecture design from the project start.
- Developed a product processing infrastructure capable of handling tens of millions of products a day using Gearman as a job manager along with XSLT, AWK, Lex, and Yacc.
- Designed a RESTful API for use by all client applications.
- Partner integration.
- Designed a scalable cloud based multi-tier infrastructure.