I worked for Lycos on the Webon product from the initial planning all the way through several major released versions. The result, a clean and easy to use cloud-based web publishing product. The project is now the preferred page building tool for another Lycos property: Angelfire.
My major contributions to the project include:
- Software architecture design and development.
- Supporting XML schema design (a super-set of XHTML).
- A cutting edge CSS and theme editor as well as easy dynamic theme switching and previewing.
- OpenSocial implementation.
- OpenID integration.
- Lycos Analytics — a Google-like web analytics platform.
- Organized Foosball tournaments.
- Significant contributions to media management, module resizing, and project planning.
- Additional contributions to blogging module, premium accounts, and user profiles.
Webon was a Finalist in the 2008 MITX Interactive Awards in the Web 2.0 and Social Networking category.
What people are saying
[Webon] is a simplified and clean way in which to make a multimedia site. Kristen Nicole – Mashable
... a free site-building service that’s solid, simple, and very usable. Rafe Needleman – CNET
If you're interested in starting up a simple web site with virtually no learning curve, Webon looks like a good choice. Adam Pash – Lifehacker